1) Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) has released its annual compendium of data in which Telangana was ranked in the top in terms of overall environmental performance.
➨ Telangana has ranked at the top for its progress in increasing its forest cover and in municipal waste treatment.
➨CM – Kalvakuntla Chandrashekhar Rao
➨KBR National Park
➨Amrabad Tiger Reserve
➨Kawal Tiger Reserve
➨ Pakhal Lake And Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Pocharam Dam And Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Mahavir Harina Vanasthali National Park
➨Mana Ooru Mana Badi program
➨Palle Pragati and pattana Pragati scheme
➨Bathukamma Saree scheme
2) Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched two schemes, namely Amrit Dharohar and MISHTI (Mangrove Initiative for Shoreline Habitats and Tangible Incomes).
3) Jyoti Chouhan has made history in women’s football becoming the first female player from India to score a goal in the final of a competition in Europe.
4) The Central Government has decided to allow 2,000 Primary Agricultural Credit Societies (PACS) to open Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Kendras across the country.
5) Indian actor and mimicry artist, Kollam Sudhi passed away at the age of 39.
6) Siddharth Chowdhary won the gold medal in the men’s shot put event at the Under-20 Asian Athletics Championships held in Yecheon, South Korea.
➨ He achieved this feat by recording a personal best throw of 19.52 metres
7) The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras retained the top spot in the National Institute Ranking Framework (NIRF), 2023 for the fifth consecutive year, while the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru has been ranked as the best university, according to the Ministry of Education.
8) Kotak Private Banking, a division of Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited, has unveiled Kotak Réserve, a Savings Programme curated exclusively for UHNIs (Ultra High Net Worth Individuals) and HNIs (High Net Worth Individuals).
9) HSBC India launched a new advertising campaign featuring its new brand influencer cricketer, Virat Kohli.
➨ The campaign focuses on the theme of ‘opening up a world of opportunity’ for aspirational Indians going global.
10) Sulochana, known for her roles in Hindi and Marathi cinema, passed away at the age of 94.
11) UN General Assembly in New York elected Sierra Leone, Algeria, Guyana, the Republic of Korea and Slovenia as non-permanent members of its Security Council.
➨ The five newly elected countries join Ecuador, Japan, Malta, Mozambique and Switzerland as non-permanent members of the Council.
12) AIIMS-Nagpur has achieved a significant milestone by becoming the first AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) in India to be awarded the esteemed accreditation from the National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH).
13) The G20 International Conference on “Cyber Security Exercise for the Banking Sector” under India’s G20 Presidency was held in Mumbai.
➨ The conference was jointly conducted by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In), the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY).
14) The Kerala government officially launched the Kerala Fibre Optical Network (KFON), which is one of its flagship projects envisaged during the first term.
➠Idukki Dam on Periyar River
➠Kumarakom National Park
➠Anamudi Shola National Park
➠Eravikulam National Park
➠Silent Valley National Park